THE RYAN PROGRAM, founded in 1999, is a national initiative based at the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at the University of California, San Francisco.
We provide resources and technical expertise to departments of obstetrics and gynecology to establish a formal, opt-out rotation in family planning, either by establishing or expanding an outpatient family planning service within the medical center or by linking institutions with community partners such as Planned Parenthood.
The program offers the following support and resources:
- Technical assistance to enhance clinical services, expand patient outreach, and support evidence-based teaching
- A Didactic Curriculum with family planning focused modules
- Annual meetings, workshops, and webinars for program directors and key staff
- Access to a national network of experts through the Ryan Program listserv
Learn more about:
- Dr. Kenneth Ryan, for whom the program is named
- The history of the Ryan Program
- Twenty Years of the Ryan Residency Training Program in Abortion and Family Planning
- Ryan Program locations