The Ryan Program, founded in 1999, is a national initiative based at the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at the University of California, San Francisco. Our mission is to integrate and enhance family planning training for obstetrics and gynecology residents in the United States and Canada.
We provide resources and technical expertise to departments of obstetrics and gynecology to establish a formal, opt-out rotation in family planning, either by establishing or expanding an outpatient family planning service within the academic medical center or by linking institutions with a freestanding clinic, such as Planned Parenthood.
The program offers the following support and resources:
- Start-up funds for faculty, staff and equipment
- Technical support to enhance clinical services, expand patient outreach, and support evidence-based teaching
- A Didactic Curriculum with six modules on family planning topics
- Annual meetings, workshops and webinars for program directors and key staff
- Access to a national network of experts through the Ryan Program listserv
For more information, please email email@example.com.